Saturday, April 10, 2010

Welcome to my world!

Hi, I'm Matt! I decided to start this blog so that people could hear a male's perspective about impending fatherhood and married life in general. My wife and I have been married since October 2007. We are a happily married couple expecting our first child, a daughter. We are now officially 72.5% through our pregnancy or 29 weeks. I truly thank God that everything has progressed as smoothly as it has thus far. Every doctors visit I have been on "pins and needles" hoping for nothing but normal to good news.

My wife and I recently started childbirth classes in anticipation of our baby girl. Our first class taught us (mostly me) about the benefits of breastfeeding a new born. It's amazing how many positives there are to breastfeeding a baby. I unfortunately was a formula only baby, but I turned out okay :).

Tomorrow is our second childbirth class and I'm really starting to feel involved in the whole birthing process. As a male it's sometimes difficult to understand what a woman's body is going through during a pregnancy. I find myself asking God to provide me with the patience and discipline to support my wife through it. I know in my heart I have all the right intentions to be a good daddy but caring for a newborn will be challenge for me,but I'm ready for it to happen (gulp!).

Well its off to bed for me. My wife and I are participating in a Ronald McDonald charity walk for kids tomorrow morning.

I look forward to telling you all about it tomorrow.

Bye for now..


cofd

4 comments:

  1. Hey from UBP! I think it's awesome you started your own daddy blog. I love hearing from a husband/dad persepective. I am trying to get my hubby to write a weekly blog post on our blog. (sigh) Maybe someday. Thanks for sharing your blog!

    Feel free to stop by ours www.kandmbaby.blogspot.com

    Party on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt! I hope things go smoothly for your wife. I'm visiting from the blog party. Party Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm from the UBP! Congrats on your new baby. I'm glad you guys want to do natural childbirth! I'm not anti-drug (it has it's place!), I just wish more people would at least TRY before jumping to pain relievers or induction. I had my baby naturally, and four weeks later I was in a car accident and broke my arm. I'd rather give birth naturally again. Yes, it hurts, but it's intermittent and it's not that bad... otherwise nobody would have more than one baby! Feel free to stop by my site http://www.thriftyportlandmom.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea starting a daddy blog!
    I will give you one piece of information on breastfeeding, it doesn't come natural to all women and can be very stressful, so give as much support to your wife as possible.
    I look forward to hearing more about the pregnancy and seeing pictures of your little girl, not too long from now.

    ReplyDelete

 
dcsearch